Thursday, September 25, 2008

Winter approacheth…

The last two nights, the lows have dipped into the mid-30’s. And that means our oil heater is starting to turn on every now and then during the night. Our portable electrics can’t completely replace the oil. The oil truck was here yesterday to top up the tank. We had only used 12.8 gallons since this spring. Even so, at $4.73 (including tax) per gallon, it quickly adds up. The cost of auto fuel (regular) is currently $4.52/gallon.

I looked at a few photos from the Juneau area today, and they’re already getting dustings of snow up on the mountains. We’re not quite there yet.

5 comments:

Melissa Peterson said...

Oh no, Snow in Juneau already?! Thats where I'm heading. I guess I should get used to it as it will be mid January when I arrive. :)

Mark said...

Here's a link to one of the photos from around Juneau: http://sealaskaphotographicsociety.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=300

Mark said...

Let's get that hyperlink working...

http://sealaskaphotographicsociety.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=300

Melissa Peterson said...

Thank you!
It is so beautiful there!

Melissa Peterson said...

Thank you. Hopefully it wont be much longer before everything is all taken care of. The hard part is that I'm not telling anyone but my immediate family until I am accepted by the school. I never was good at keeping secrets and it is exciting so of course I want to tell people. All in good time, I suppose.