Monday, September 22, 2008

Package and shipment troubles

Earlier today I contacted the manufacturer of our pickup bed canopy to find out what the status is on the replacement glass door. It turns out it hasn’t shipped yet! It’s been two weeks now. Sigh. The CC was charged at the time of order. If I don’t get confirmation and proof of shipment by the end of the month, I guess I’ll have to start the charge dispute procedure…

I got two packages today. One was a microphone stand. I had one that I’m sure was moved up from Oregon, but I can’t find it anywhere. I ended up having to purchase another. Fortunately that was only $25 with shipping.

The second package was what I thought was the mixer and USB audio interface that I ordered. Well, it was a mixer and USB audio interface – just not the right one. It was an older model that looks pretty much identical (except for the color) to the new version. The feature set is considerably inferior and the price that much lower. I purchased from a factory authorized B-stock reseller, so it may be that they got the units mixed up. Whatever the case, I was not at all pleased. I only figured out something was wrong when I tried to install the device driver and the installer kept saying it couldn’t find the hardware. I think I tried six or seven times. I finally looked in the manual one more time and it started to dawn on me that something was seriously wrong in that the features described were definitely not what I had expected. On closer inspection it became quite clear that I was sent the wrong product. The reseller being in Florida, 4 hours time difference, even if I had figured it out earlier in the day would have done no good in trying to get the problem resolved. I sent an e-mail to customer service with my complaints. Maybe they will see it while I’m still asleep in the morning. It will be interesting to find out how they are going to arrange for return freight. They sent it UPS, but it gets transferred to a 3rd party in Anchorage in order to get it here. We don’t have UPS, so giving me a pre-paid billing account for UPS likely won’t do any good. Ah, the joys of missing some of the commonly expected infrastructures…

No comments: