Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Walkabout

The sun does shine in Petersburg! For photographs, today ended being too sunny as all the clouds disappeared by early afternoon. Blank sky is not terribly interesting in a photo.

The day started out rather foggy. I went to Helse’s for the weekly ministers’ get-together but discovered that Helse’s was closed because the owner was sick. There was a note to head to Northern Lights, which I did. There, while chit chatting, I watched the fog and clouds burn off. I think that the landscape was probably much more interesting in the morning.

By the time I returned home and finished a few things, it was early afternoon. I had forgotten to recharge the camera batteries earlier, so I had to wait while they recharged. The batteries eventually topped off and I headed out.

I went straight down to North Nordic, over the guardrail, and down to the beach where I slowly meandered along towards PFI. I walked back up to the street level and made my way through town and over towards the harbors. I didn’t find anything that caught my eye at either the North or Middle Harbors, so I went down Sing Lee Alley. From there I headed down to South Harbor where I found the resident Sea Lions swimming about. Once I was done there, I headed up the hill to the Post Office, retrieved today’s mail, then walked the muskeg trail back towards home.

Click on the image below to open the photo gallery.

Click HERE to open gallery in new window

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mark... thank you so much for sharing your photos. I am a little homesick this evening and I knew you would have posted something to bring a bit of Petersburg back to me though I am far away.

Keep posting! Blessings to you and your family. Miss you all!

Beckie Weaver, Oklahoma