Sunday, July 13, 2008

The sun returns and the cold goes away

The sun fought a fierce battle all day with the clouds and the rain. By this evening, it looked like the sun was winning. We are supposed to have a few days this week with at least some sun.

Just in time, I think I'm finally past the cold that I caught about 10 days ago. The headache (not sure if it was a migraine or just a bad tension headache) that I had all day yesterday finally went away this afternoon.

Elise and I are heading to Anchorage on Thursday. The weather for the weekend doesn't look very good, however. We have some business, personal and church, to conduct up in that part of the state. This means that I won't have to finish my next sermon preparation until next week. And this means that if there is a day or two that are good this week, I can afford some time to go out and see and photograph the landscape.

This evening, Amy brought back some freshly picked kale stalks from the garden. I cooked half of them with a fresh tomato sauce. I also put together a potato gratin with sauteed Vidalia sweet onions. Nearly the entire contents of the 13x9 casserole disappeared among the four of us. Finally for dessert I used more the peaches on sale for a fresh peach shortcake.

No comments: