Saturday, July 19, 2008

Post from a new PC

I finally got my new PC setup to the point where I can connect online and post an entry. I think I'll enjoy this new unit. I think I'll be able to switch my sermon notes from the little BlackBerry (using about a 4-point font and squinting to see during my sermons) to the PC in tablet mode, looking more like a regular sheet of paper.

We spent the day at campmeeting. The sermon by Jose Rojas was dynamic and invigorating. The main message was to stop waiting for someone else to do God's work. If you think God might be calling you, go do it. The afternoon concert by the Melashenko trio (of Quiet Hour) was also wonderful to listen. The evening message was by our Conference President, Ken Crawford, who talked about how various things in the world seem to be pointing strongly to a soon end and how prayer is the one thing that we need to learn to get through any sort of troubles that might come and to be a light to the rest of the world.

The skies cleared up late this afternoon and our drive back at 9:30 p.m. was quiet stunning. The mountains looked alive in a way they simply don't in the Lower 48. The vistas were grand and saturated with color. I think I'd like to come back, maybe next year, and spend time just going around. What I'd really like to do is spend a few weeks doing self-supported cycle-touring. I don't know how practical or feasible it is in this part of the country, but I've seen quite a few cyclists out and about on the roads and highways.

Have you ever seen a quadruple rainbow? We saw one on the way back. It might even have been a quintuple one. I took some photos when it was about a triple. I don't have the means to process them right now, so they will have to wait until I get back home.

It's nearing midnight and it's finally starting to look a bit like dusk. I should get to bed and sleep (which I haven't had much of for at least two nights), because tomorrow starts down right early. We need to start back to the campgrounds at 6:45 a.m. to get breakfast there and join the constituency meeting.

No comments: