Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sermon: Patterns of Redemption

(Click HERE for MP3 sermon audio.)

Today's sermon discusses John 19:28-30. In it I discuss Jesus' statement on the cross, "It is finished," and to what "it" could refer. I refer to the accounts of creation, the flood, and the Second Coming - some other stories of creation and redemption - to guide one way of understanding the statement, "It is finished."

I used PowerPoint for the sermon, so some of what is on the recording references what is on the screen. The first part of the sermon makes reference to several fractal images that can be found at the Wikipedia site. The aerial view of the Copper River delta can be found here. Towards the end of the sermon, I displayed a couple of polluted river images followed by a few clean spring/river images. (I can't post the images because some are copyrighted.)

(PowerPoint file without images HERE.)

No comments: