Friday, July 11, 2008

Another brief update

There hasn't been much in the way of newsworthy things going on in our/my lives this week.

I've had a cold since last Thursday. It seems that it is finally starting to clear up today. I've gone through headaches; sniffles; sore throat; some mild coughs; and now, my voice seems lower than usual. I think I got it from Shelley, who had the cold early last week.

The weather has been pretty much wet through the week. Add to that the cold, and I haven't been outside much. I've taken the bike for errands, but that's about it. The back lawn needs mowing, so I just may force myself out today to do that.

Peaches are on sale this week -- at 99-cents/pound. Granny Smith apples are also on sale -- also at 99-cents/pound. Believe me, for here they are a VERY good price. I'm thinking about putting together a peach and apple cobbler (British style - more like a crisp or crumble, crust on top -- rather than the U.S. kind, crust mixed in).

I've been researching notebook PCs to replace the one that died. I like Toshiba PCs, but they don't ship to Alaska. I don't particularly like Dell notebooks, but their price and options seem to be the best around. Gateway doesn't offer the customizability nor do they offer the combinations of options I'm looking for in their configurations. HPs doesn't cost too much more than some Dells, and offers options that are more or less equivalent. HP has tablet-style notebooks, which Dell doesn't (at least not under $2,000). I don't get it... Why can HP sell a tablet PC with double the capabilities for half the price of a Dell? I guess I'll try to look around in Anchorage next week and see if I can find something there.

No comments: