Saturday, October 13, 2007

Sermon: Light of Life

(Click HERE to listen to MP3 sermon audio.)

Looking through the past few weeks, one might conclude that I had planned these series of sermons from John on the theme of "Life." But I assure you, that is not the case. Each week as I pondered the key message that I wanted to bring out, it seems that these past few weeks, that has been "Life." It shouldn't be too surprising though, because I get the idea that getting the message that leads to "Life" was one of John's goals in writing his gospel account.

Today, I forgot to bring along my voice recorder. Fortunately, I realized that my laptop has a built-in microphone above the LCD screen (something I didn't realize until just recently -- my laptop is about 8 years old). So just before Sabbath School I tested my recording software to make sure that everything worked and used the laptop as the recording device.

Today's sermon is based on John 8:12-30. It is where Jesus declares himself as the "Light of the world" and then the argument between the Pharisees and Jesus regarding Jesus' right to make such a statement. This passage shows how Jesus tried to bring light to the Pharisees, but they would have none of it: They chose to remain in darkness. This incident is an illustration of John 3:19-21 (the scripture reading today).

No comments: