Sunday, October 07, 2007

Camera shutter has died

It looks like the camear shutter (probably) has died. Until today, it was working more times than not, but now it seems to be failing most of the time. This is apparently a common point of failure on the Canon EOS-10D. I've put somewhere around 15,000 shutter clicks through it, and looking at other owners' comments, this seems to be about the point where the shutter mechanism fails.

I've requested a repair quote from a shop in Beaverton, Ore. to see if the camera is worth repairing. If not, I'll have to replace it. Although the current equivalent to the 10D is the 40D, the XTi is half the price and still much better than the 10D. If I do go the replacement route, it will likely be with the XTi.

I am not a happy camper today.

No comments: