Friday, October 12, 2007

Post #400

This post is #400 on this blog. That means that I've been averaging somewhere close to one post per day.

Anyway, I have a headache today and I feel like I might have a cold...

Some months ago I noted that our vacuum cleaner fill hose had a hole in it. At the time I wrapped some duct tape around it to see if it would hold...

It didn't.

Thought it appeared to help some, because most of the dirt and dust was in the disposable bag instead of outside it. But duct tape isn't going to work as a good long-term solution. I ordered a few parts and when it arrives I hope that I can figure out how to get it apart and then back together.

It's been quite wet this week. Everything is pretty soggy. It was dry this morning. The grass started looking a bit long, so I took the opportunity to run over the lawn/moss/swamp combination that our backyard is, with the lawnmower and even things out a bit.

I got a repair guesstimate quote on my camera -- in the neighborhood of $300. That's around what a used, identical model is going for, so I won't be spending more to fix it than it's worth. So I think I'll go that route and then in another six to twelve months acquire the 40D.

For the last few weeks I've been wondering why we still try to have a children's choir. Last night, two of the kids that have been coming weren't present. There are another two that regularly come, but their attention spans can be measured in seconds, they don't seem to have that much interest in what is going on, and they are distracing to everyone present. So why do we bother? Should we continue, or is it time to throw in the towel? I'm finding my motivation and desire continue to ebb away each week. Any thoughts or suggestions?

No comments: