Monday, July 06, 2009

A real summer

We are having a real summer. Temps are expected to rise to upper 70s and even 80 this week.

Yesterday I went out for 41.5 miles on my bike, all the way to Man Made Hole (a small pond with fishing and picnic area) and back. Today I went out for 23.7 miles to the entrance to Papke’s Landing and back. Both outings were quite warm. If the good weather holds, I’d like to go all the way out to the South Ferry Terminal, about 23 miles away (one way), now that the road is paved out to there. I got to ride a couple miles of the new tarmac out to Man Made Hole, and it was a beautiful surface.

We just had another “uh oh” with Stripey. He has a heart murmur and that can lead to blood clots. We had this problem a few months ago, and he possibly has another now. The vet is in town again, so I’ll be dropping by this afternoon to see if they have any more Heparin I can purchase.

No comments: