Friday, June 13, 2008

Wildflowers along the beach

I had a few things to run over to town this morning. While there I found seven years' worth of Cook's Illustrated in hard-bound volumes at the Salvation Army Thrift Store. At 50-cents each, I couldn't pass it up.

Anyway, on the return trip I came by way of Nordic Ave. and walked along the top of the beach, right next to the road. I wanted to see how the wildflowers were coming along this year. I found that they were just beginning to bloom, with a few plants here and there in full bloom.

I didn't have a decent camera with me; however, I did have my BlackBerry device with a built-in (arguably) 1.9 megapixel camera. In a pinch, you make do with what you have. Mainly I wanted to record the locations for some of the interesting flora so that on the next good day I could take my real cameras for better photos.

The BlackBerry photos are not great, but they are usable. They do seem to require quite a bit of color, brightness, shadow, contrast correction, and noise reduction. They also look a whole lot better when the resolution is reduced to about 800x800 (or less). I reduced the ones posted here to 450x600.

Wild Iris buds Different view of iris buds Columbine Columbine, different color Three colors of Colombines Fern Hackweed Pink Columbine White wild Iris? IMG00018

No comments: