Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunset photos

The sunset yesterday was absolutely spectacular. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera. Well, I did, on the BlackBerry. The problem was that it was too dark and the couple images that I got were quite blurry.

There are a couple of mountain peaks, which with the far north sunset angles during the summer, when the light and clouds cooperate just right, glow red like red-hot steel. I've seen it a few times, but never when I had a camera handy.

Tonight the sunset wasn't developing as nicely as it did yesterday. But I hoped that it would be worthwhile. It was at least somewhat promising about an hour prior. I drove out to the Scow Bay area, about 3 miles from home. But as sunset approached, it quickly became a rather drab, disappointing one.

Even so, there were a few (six) images that, with a little bit of Photoshop post-processing, turned out decent, if not spectacular.

Click on photo to access gallery page.

Click to open gallery in new window

No comments: