Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sun and Rain out front

This evening, while doing something on the computer (I can't recall what it was now), I noticed that even though there was sunshine through the clouds blinding me, it was raining quite a bit. The backlight made for rather picturesque scene outside the window. As the scene kept changing into new and interesting forms, I quickly grabbed one camera (zoom or fixed 20mm... I chose the 20mm) and dashed outside. (What I could really use is a remotely controlled camera atop a 50' pole that I can raise above the house...)

The scene that prompted me to dash outside was gone by the time I got past the guardrail. It seemed that maybe the most interesting scenes had all passed by. But then I saw the light change to stream over Sasby island, filtered by the clouds and backlighting the falling rain. Then I heard and saw the skiff coming through. Would the light hold long enough...? And with the speed of the skiff, there was just one chance at a good composition. Would my previsualizing match what the camera captured? I think this image made my mad dash in the rain (and standing about with noseeums attacking me) worthwhile.

Here's one other image that made the cut for keeping in my files.

No comments: