Monday, June 30, 2008

Last Day of June

The year 2008 is half over. That's seems almost unbelievable. It seems only a few days ago that we were still covered in snow and ice.

A few photos of Cedar Waxwings and some sunset photos today.

The birds were taken through the upstairs window at a rather acute angle to it, so the sharpness is pretty poor. The birds are pretty small, so even with a 400mm lens, I had to crop rather severely to get what you see.

Yesterday's sunset was very good. As I was watching the skies last night, I didn't think the sunset would be that great. But it was. This evening, I was watching the skies and I thought it might be at least as good as yesterday. It wasn't. It was pretty poor. For the future, I think I should flip my sunset predictions around.

The most interesting (in my estimation) image I got this evening is the last one with the spider. The others are all ho-hum, mediocre, not very interesting.

Opens in new window

No comments: