Monday, June 02, 2008

The rain returns on day 10

Most of the day was overcast, though during part of the afternoon there was some sun coming through. By this evening though, the rain started to drizzle down.

Earlier in the day, I went out into the muskeg one more time to get a little better image of a Sundew (carnivorous plant). While there I also noticed that the Labrador Tea blossoms were starting to open up, so I came back with one photo of that. This time of year, what can be seen in the muskeg changes quite rapidly. Here's the gallery from today:

I finished working on photos from a couple of days ago. I didn't work on all of them. The ones that are different from the original are noted as such in the description text. Click on the cottongrass image to open the gallery::

Click HERE to open gallery

I received back today the Canon EOS-10D that I had left in Oregon for repairs. I held down the shutter for repeated shots and the shutter works fine now. The total repair bill, including adjustments to the mirror assembly and a new shutter was just under $200. If it lasts me another few years, it will have been money well spent. Now I can have two bodies with me so that I don't have to keep changing lenses.

Finally, this town has no rice. Well, that's not exactly true, but all that's left are 1, 2, and 5 lb. bags of various types of rice. I don't know if the rest of the country is experiencing rice shortage, but the last large bags of rice disappeared nearly a month ago (just a couple of days after we came back). It looks like I'm going to have to change my menus to include a whole lot more pasta and potatoes and use rice very sparingly.

No comments: