Thursday, June 05, 2008

A 2-Hour Walk to the Post Office

I thought most of this week was going to be rainy, but today turned out to be quite dry and with quite a bit of sun. I took the opportunity to mow the lawn. It seems the warmth and the sun are accelerating the grass growth. Later in the afternoon, I chose to walk to the Post Office and back. I took along both of my Canon EOS cameras. The first one was outfitted with a standard 28-135 zoom. I put a 20mm (32mm on a standard 35mm frame, after the 1.6x APS-C sensor conversion factor) on the other.

The walk to the Post Office and back is normally around 40 minutes. Since this turned out to be such a picturesque day, I took my time, took a few detours, and ended up returning home 2 hours after I left. I also returned carrying two packages back.

I found that having two camera bodies with different focal lengths on each is much more convenient than having to swap lenses back and forth. Not only is it more convenient, but I think there is reduced risk of dropping the lens, the lens caps, and getting dust and such inside the camera. Now if I could figure out a convenient way to transport two camera bodies, two or three lenses, and a tripod while riding a bicycle, I'd have it made...

Anyway, here is the gallery from today. I haven't yet adjusted the contrast, brightness, colors, etc. to improve their appearance. (Click on gallery image.)

No comments: