Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ouch!

Today was a wonderful spring day. A few snowflakes fell during the night, but by morning the skies had started to clear. It was sunny and dry all day long.

That was the good. Now the bad. I fell off the bicycle while making a turn around a corner. There was a car behind me and I was trying to turn onto a side street to get out of the way. I (obviously) took the corner too quickly for the conditions -- loose sand on the surface. I felt the wheels lose grip and slide out. There was nothing I could do. I was well padded with jacket, insulated pants, thick gloves. In coming down I must have hit my left thigh on the top tube or something like that because it's been quite painful ever since. Going down stairs has become difficult. So that's the only thing bruised (well, maybe my ego too... there were witnesses...)

On a different topic, our little cat Vivvy was meowing insistently about something this afternoon after I returned from grocer shopping. Wherever I went, she was there yowling at me. I thought that was highly odd. When was the last time she yowled like this...? It was when Stripey (our big cat) found himself stranded outside. And then I suddenly realized that when I was on the back porch earlier, I thought I had heard a cat meow. It was so quiet that I thought maybe it was a stray or a neighbor's cat.

I made the connection and went out back. After a few moments Stripey came crawling out from the space between the back of the house and the hot tub. He was more than happy to end his outdoor adventure. The strange thing is, no one recalls when the doors might have been left open for him to escape.

No comments: