Sunday, March 30, 2008

I thought about washing our pickup truck...

But then it started to snow -- even though there's sun filtering through the clouds.

The last several days have been fairly dry and mostly sunny. Yesterday was quite nice -- so much so that we spent some time out on the back deck of our friends' in the afternoon (air temp was about 40-45F). The city crews have been out all last week sweeping up from the roads all the sand and dirt that was used on the snow and ice during the winter.

This morning the skies were somewhat cloudy, though there were still blue patches. It strated to get more overcast around mid-morning, though still dry. I looked out across the street and saw that our neighbors had just finished cleaning their SUV, inside and out. So I thought today might be a good day to do that with our pickup truck as well.

I went into town, first to drop Shelley off at work, and then search for a car wash wand with a brush on the end. (It's a little cold to get my hands into the cold water with a wash mitt.) I didn't find it at the first stop, so I began to walk on to the second hardware store. That's when the snowflakes began to fall. I found what I needed and went to check out. When te clerk saw what I had, he accused me of bringing down the snow. I passed blame to my neighbor.

It's been snowing ever since.

No comments: