Sunday, March 16, 2008

March Snow Storm

Winter returned in full force today. As I was lying in bed, staring out the window, I couldn't figure out why it was so white outside. (I wasn't wearing glasses.) I thought that maybe it was just rather foggy out there. When Elise returned from work she asked if I had seen what it was like outside. No, I hadn't. It was then that I discovered that it had snowed overnight, and was still snowing.

The temperature is hovering a couple degrees above freezing, so after the initial accumulation of 2 to 3 inches, it's not getting much deeper. I went out for a walk -- out to Hammer's Slough and back -- a couple of miles. It was somewhat breezy, and the snow was very wet.

Click on the contact sheet to jump to the photo gallery.

Contact sheet (click to jump to gallery)

No comments: