Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Faux Spring Day

Today continued yesterday's clear skies. Daytime temps rose into the 40s. The roads have become mostly dry. But everyone says don't be fooled. We remind each other that last year, March brought 80 inches of snow...

Anyway, taking advantage of the few times during winter when it's relatively warm and roads are dry, I took down my road bike from the stand where it's been hanging since last summer and took it out for a jaunt down the road. It was a wonderful feeling to once again travel under one's own leg power at speeds up to 25 mph.

My body is no longer well conditioned. After 40 minutes, the right knee began to ache and leg muscles began to tighten up a bit. My sit-bone area started to feel a bit sore.

When the roads dry out, they get dusty. I kept eating clouds of dust as cars drove past kicking up the dust.

It better rain for the rest of the week so I can get some work done!

No comments: