Monday, January 22, 2007

Sunny day photos

Today happened to be one of the rare, dry and sunny days here. I've learned that the Narrows just outside of our apartment gets the afternoon winter sun about 2 hours prior to sunset before it goes and hides behind the hills about an hour prior. So I went out to capture a few sunny images. It was rather cold though -- around freezing point -- and I discovered that battery life falls off quite dramatically. Fortunately it was about the time I started to think about heading back because I was starting to feel the cold all the way through to my bones.

The duck in flight image was one of the captures that I managed on the low battery after I popped open the battery cover and then put the same battery back in. Doing that sometimes gives me just enough power (fools the camera battery meter) for three or four shots before the camera wises back up and realizes it's been fooled.







No comments: