Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Moving along

Again, just a few tidbits today...

It looks like Elise will be able to get a temporary RN license while awaiting the remaining paperwork and such to go through for the permanent license. The months-long leg of this particular journey is nearing the end -- the end is in sight.

Today I got the children's choir music that I ordered a couple of weeks ago. With the music, I also ordered a "Director's Resource Kit" binder that contains detailed instructions on activities, musical and spiritual lessons associated with each song, and motions and props that can be used. The first "coming together" and "rehearsal" will occur next Tuesday evening. Looking at the materials, I feel a little more confident now that I'm not biting off more than I can chew.

A number of the Alaska public libraries, including ours, is part of an online audio lending library called ListenAlaska. Many of the books have a waiting list, so I've placed a hold on several of them. I was able to check out a history of Impressionism in Paris that was immediately available. It's a 15 hour book. I really don't know whether or not I'll find it interesting.

Amy has been composing poetry over the last few months. To my untrained, poetry-averse eyes and mind, they seem pretty well done. The library is sponsoring an annual Poet Laureate search, and it looks like Amy will be submitting several of her poems into the search. They may be displayed at the library and read during the spring poetry celebration in April. We don't seriously expect Amy to be named the Laureate, but whatever happens, it would be a good experience for her, and maybe get a little bit of recognition...

No comments: