Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sliced hand today

I was chopping onions at the church, making cuts parallel to the cutting board, when I was momentarily distracted (my best guess) by a comment from someone watching me, “Don’t cut yourself.” Not even a second later the knife had gone too far and had sliced into my hand.

I could immediately tell this was not just a minor cut. The blood was flowing very quickly and I called for a towel to apply pressure and declared I needed to get to the the Emergency Room for some stitches. I got a ride and less than five minutes later I was there. Elise came in a few minutes later.

In less than an hour the cut was cleaned, stitched up (I think it was about five), bandaged, and one tetanus shot later was out. The most painful part was when Elise handed me a bowl with some disinfecting stuff and water and had me stick my wound in there. YOUCH! The next most painful was the first local anesthesia injection. Once that was in, I couldn’t feel anything else.

My left pinky is still numb, and typing with a numb finger is an odd sensation.

No comments: