Friday, April 25, 2008

In Marina

I forgot to pick up the Internet access device tonight so I'm once again posting via BlackBerry.

Yesterday was a long, long, long day of driving from Portland to Windsor. The last couple of hours involved going over very twisty roads and I got fed up with driving. We did finally stumble in to the place where we stayed.

In the morning we went grocery shopping to get a few things for breakfast. Looking at the prices there and in Petersburg, I didn't see a huge difference.

Today we drove down through San Francisco. We stopped near the Golden Gate Bridge and then at Fisherman's Wharf. Early afternoon we headed down the rest of the way. It was awful navigating through the city. I never liked cities and after 1.5 years, it's even worse. Once finally off the city streets it was clear sailing until Capitola where 17 meets 1. And then it was gridlock for 20 minutes, and another reminder why I hate cities. Finally things cleared up and we made it to the resort in Marina.

The weather is sunny and quite warm. Hopefully with the nasty driving behind us for a few days, I can relax a bit.

After a quick supper we headed to MBA where I caught up with a number of classmates and a few teachers.

I do hope to get real Internet access tomorrow so that I don't have to use little phone keys to type the next post.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

No comments: