Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Fire update

On one hand it's difficult being away from the scene in that all I know are what others tell me. On the other hand, it's probably a good thing because I have to accept that there is nothing I can do about it. I have to leave things up for others to handle. I can sign papers and make decisions, but that's about it.

Here's what I know: the attic, roof, and siding are pretty much a total loss. There may be some interior work that needs to happen as well. Do we replace/rebuild or demolish it and put up the land for sale? Trying to sell property is difficult right now, and with the building slowdown, materials costs have come down, so rebuilding is probably the better option.

Given the type of fire, that any of the structure was saved appears miraculous. That the living areas and all in them were spared -- some might call it just a convergence of luck -- but maybe it's one of those miracles that God still brings together from time to time.

No comments: