Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Beauty of Ambiguity

I found a blog post elsewhere by the title, The Beauty of Ambiguity. It's an entry by the author of the book The Shack. The entry itself uses elements from the book, so if you've read it, the entry makes much more sense because you'd understand the context. But regardless, I think you will get the main themes.

What the blog entry discusses resonates with me because in my search for God and in my growing relationship with him, I've had people ask similar questions of me. Some of the thoughts that I am experimenting with, trying to wrestle with, are indeed quite different from traditional orthodoxy.

By the way, I do recommend The Shack. It has the potential to do what C. S. Lewis wrote about images of God: "My idea of God is not a divine idea. It has to be shattered time after time. He shatters it Himself." (From A Grief Observed as quoted by The Good Word for April 5, 2008.)

No comments: