Thursday, February 14, 2008

Slushy, wet, and ugly

In case you're wondering why I haven't written more about what's going on here, or haven't posted any pictures; the reason is that there's nothing happening really worth writing about.

The weather has turned to normal Petersburg conditions; i.e., wet, cloudy, and with all the snow from last week now in various states of thaw, quite slushy, slippery, and ugly.

Most of the snow from our house roof have fallen. When a couple hundred pounds (or more) of snow/ice pack fall three stories, it makes a LOT of noise. And you definitely do not want to be standing anywhere nearby. There's still a small sheet up above our bedroom. I don't know if it will ever slide and fall. I'm hoping that all the sliding and falling is done because I don't like being wakened in the middle of the night to a loud crash and fumbling around in the dark trying to wake up and figure out if it's something I need to concern myself with.

I've finished all of my sermons for this weekend. I just need Elise to run through them to make sure I'm not completely off the mark with any of them.

So that's the story of this week.

No comments: