Sunday, February 03, 2008

A big icicle

We almost hit 30 degrees today. We also got another 3-4 inches of snow. There's been a little bit of melting occurring along our roof, resulting in a few large icicles.

This is right outside Amy's bedroom window. What is happening is that the warm air from the heater travels up to Amy's room (a straight path up the stairs), and then the heat escapes up and melts the snow right above the room, resulting in these large ones. The rest of the house doesn't have them quite this large. I'm guessing this one is around 4 to 5 feet in length. There are a couple more (not in photo) that are nearly as large.

Icicles

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Hey Mark,

I came across your blog because I get Google alerts on WWC (I work there). Just wanted to tell you that I've enjoyed browsing here, and hope you keep writing.

Blessings in your work.