Sunday, August 31, 2008

Way too early to be awake on a Sunday

It's 5:40 a.m. now, but I was rudely awakened at 4:30 when the oil heater came on for the first time in probably 5 months. I didn't know what it was at the time. All I heard was this awful, high-pitched screeching noise. I get up, walk down, and figure out that it's the heater. But now in addition to troubles from yesterday (okay, so maybe this is the "third?") there's this heater making awful noises. I get back in bed, try to go back to sleep, but it's no use.

After finally getting out of bed, resigned that my Sunday is going to start way earlier than I had planned, I bumped up the thermostat on the heater to see if the noise will return. The good news is that there was less noise the second go-around. So maybe after more use it will get itself back into quiet operation. At least I hope so.

The fog is quite thick this morning. I can see across the block but cannot see the water. If the fog burns off, the day is supposed to be quite nice. The weather was quite nice yesterday also. But after today it looks like more rain is on the way.

No comments: