Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Warm weather and first mowing of 2008

It was another sunny-with-clouds day. It rained overnight but was dry all day today. The grass in our yard was starting to look a little tall, so I got out the mower and worked on lopping off the grass. At the same time I shaved off some of the skunk cabbage popping up in the middle of the grass. Our yard looks much less yellow than it did earlier.

I would have liked to mow wearing short sleeves and shorts, but from last year's experience with bugs, I made sure I was well covered up. Afterwards, after a shower, I was in a t-shirt and shorts. After all, inside the house the temperature was well into the upper 60's and outside it was in the upper 50's.

I bicycled out to the Post Office to pick up the mail. More often than not, it seems (though it may be just my imagination), there is a package waiting when I bicycle there vs. driving. Anyway, I left the package notice in the box for tomorrow and just got the regular mail. It was a wonderfully pleasant ride in the sun.

All the weather forecasts (so far) agree that this weekend we will be having sunny, very warm days in the mid to upper 60's. I think it might be time to break out the swim gear and head out to Blind Slough for a dip in the chilly waters there.

No comments: