Thursday, May 08, 2008

Back home

Click for gallery

After what seemed like a very long day, we are back home in Petersburg. I immediately went out to pick up the accumulated mail and some very necessary groceries. Upon returning I spent quite some time sorting through the mail. In the process I realized I have some auto-pay bills that were set up for the now defunct charge account, so I'll need to change those accounts over before I get hit with late charges.

Our Litter Robot (for the cats) is once again not working correctly. Again the electrical connection came loose. This time I plan to fix it better and for that I need a little connector. Elise went to town to run some errands so she is planning to pick up what I need.

Our cats have been people-deprived for so long that they are being very loud, clingy, and rather obnoxious. Stripey just now tried to climb up to my shoulders -- not a good thing for a 17-18 lb. cat to try to do to people.

I had a few houseplants, and it seems they did not fare so well. I'm not sure if it was the lowered temperatures or perhaps overwatering. Whatever the case, I don't know how if a couple of them will survive.

There were some odd sensations driving a large pickup after driving a car for 2-1/2 weeks. It's also difficult to not accelerate to 35-45 mph but keep things around 25-30 mph. But it is so much nicer not having to deal with busy traffic.

Overall, although it was nice to visit the Lower 48, it is good to be home. It's a different sort of place where while waiting for the luggage to be unloaded, you can have lengthy conversations with people you know who just happen to be there. I figure it will take a few days to unwind from the trip.

The vacation from the vacation will have to wait a while since we will be getting visitors in town almost immediately and through the next three weeks or so.

No comments: