Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sun - Day 6 out of 7 - into the muskeg

Yesterday didn't see any sun. Neither did it rain. So although the consecutive count of sunny days has been broken, I think I'll continue to count the sunny days until there is actual rain.

Today was a mixture of sun and clouds. It felt somewhat hot and muggy compared to this past week.

While out running errands yesterday, I noticed that the muskeg flowers were blooming. This afternoon I stepped out the back door, walked across our yard, and into the vacant lots behind our property. (Same route I took for snowshoeing this past winter.) There I spent some 2 to 2-1/2 hours wandering about the muskeg and taking photos of some of the flora and one fauna, a dragonfly.

As noted on the gallery page heading, I haven't spent any time with these images other than to sort them and convert them to JPEGs. There are a number of them where I took multiple frames with different exposures and I need to combine them. But that will all happen as time permits. With the weekend approaching, I get quite busy.

(Click on contact sheet image to open gallery page.)

Click to open gallery

No comments: