Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Stuff, driving, and waste

There are a few reasons I'll be happy to return to Petersburg.

First, I'm tired of driving, wasting hours and dollars going from one place to another. It seems that to go anywhere is half an hour or more. Multiply that by number of trips per week and that turns into a considerable amount of lost productivity. Add to that ten (or more) dollars a day in fuel costs and it turns into a real waste.

Next, all the places to spend money, whether the stuff is necessary or not. When there is so much available and often for so little, it's hard to resist making the purchase - "just in case." Stuff then accumulates and collects, turning into yet more waste.

Then there is the general stress and busy-ness level that I'd soon rather not deal with. Whether it's a traffic jam, trying to find a parking spot, not going fast enough for someone behind me, the crowds, etc. I don't think it's very healthy.

Finally, all this driving and eating without exercise I think is causing me to put on a bit of weight. I need to return to where I regularly walk and bicycle for business and errands.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

No comments: