Thursday, November 29, 2007

Some cold weather coming this way

Earlier this afternoon (though when I say "afternoon" in this northern context, it can be getting dark already) while out on the back deck, I slipped and fell on a thin layer of ice that had already formed. Fortunately, no bumps, bruises, or breaks.

Over the next several days, the weather forecast is showing lows dropping into the teens and twenties, and the highs not going above the freezing point. Our first winter cold snap is coming upon us.

Shelley would like to see the city set up an outdoor skating rink. Last year it couldn't be done because there was so much snow that fell before the first really cold weather came in. This year, there is no snow yet on the ground.

I've been busy working on a secret little project that the kids are seeing, but they don't yet know what it is. It involves power tools, with which I share no natural affinity. Can you believe that in my life so far, today was the first time I had ever used a circular saw? But I survived the hideous ordeal and discovered that the way the saw just slices through lumber could be a reason why some people enjoy the likes of this beast...

No comments: