Sunday, November 18, 2007

A bit more snowfall

Overnight, we got a thin layer of snow on the ground. I bought a snow shovel a few weeks ago. I hope that I don't have to actually use it this year. So I guess you might consider it a sort of a "charm" to keep away the snow...

This being Thanksgiving week, family flying up from Oregon, and the Messiah performances over this coming weekend, it will be quite busy, particularly towards the end of the week. I need to get the bulk of the Sabbath School discussion and sermon preparations done by the end of Tuesday to make sure I'm not pressed for time.

The Ministerial Association has been asked to provide the refreshments for the Messiah concert goers. Our church agreed to provide some of the refreshments for the Sunday performance. So Elise, Amy, and Deloris are busy today, and probably next Sunday, baking cookies.

Through the early hours of the morning, I couldn't figure out why our bedroom temperature was only reading 61F or so. Usually, it would be around 64 or 65. I discovered the reason this morning: Sometime during the night, our downstairs heater unit had overheated and shut itself off. Turning it off and back on fixed the problem, or so I thought. Just a little while ago I saw it shut itself off again, after running for a few hours. I hadn't seen it do this before. The only suspicious item was a folded bath towel placed atop the unit, right above the burner area. I checked all the other things that the operator's manual recommended checking and nothing else seemed to be a problem. I removed the towel, turned the unit back on, and am now waiting to see if the problem recurs.

No comments: