Friday, April 06, 2007

"As pressure and stress bear down on me..." Psalm 119:143

Last week was comparatively a resful week. It seems as if the dam holding back stress and pressure broke this week, and it feels as if I might drown...

Just now I came across the verse quoted in the article title while reading part of today's Bible passage (Psalm 119:137-144). "As pressure and stress bear down on me, I find joy in your commands." (v. 143).

That is an interesting thought -- that when pressure and stress of life come upon me, I should go back to God's commands, that I should find joy in them.

What does that mean? Does it mean that when life seems to be falling apart, I should examine my life and make sure it is still in alignment with God's principles? Perhaps in light of some of the principles given by Jesus in the New Testament, I should take to heart commands to trust in Him, to not worry about life, to find rest in Him.

No comments: