Saturday, December 09, 2006

No real changes

Things have been pretty much the same the last few days. There hasn't been any change in the things we've been doing, nor the challenges we continue to face. We still haven't sold our house, and being in the middle of the holidays, it seems unlikely that this status will change.

Elise's dad and our nephew are currently somewhere along the inside passage and will be arriving here tomorrow evening.

Two Sabbaths from today, we are planning a Christmas brunch and worship in place of the regular Sabbath School and church service. Our hope and desire is to see some of the irregularly attending individuals, plus other friends and neighbors, to be able to come and enjoy a time of remembering Jesus' first advent.

Yesterday, while browsing Lillenas' online store, I discovered a set of three DVDs on the topic of starting and leading a children's choir, and teaching music to children. So I ordered the set, and as soon as they arrive, I expect to spend some time viewing them to really understand what I am commiting myself to, and hopefully gain some insights into how I need to proceed and what I need to do to make this enjoyable and successful for everyone involved.

No comments: