Thursday, December 14, 2006

Invitations in the snow

We've had off and on sporadic snow showers since last evening. There's been a little accumulation -- an inch or two.

I went out on the bike this morning to deliver more of our bullein inserts for our Christmas service to a couple of the churches. As before, riding in snow and ice is a bit different from pavement and even dirt. Where there are ruts, the wheels simply want to follow them and not necessarily where I want to go. And even a couple of inches of snow requires much more effort to plow through. Coming down the hill from the Bible Church, I ended up falling -- the only time today. I'm sure there were plenty of people who saw me out there, pedaling away, wondering who this crazy idiot is.

So now the invitations have been sent out. I've been wondering what I'm getting myself into. I wonder if anyone from outside our church will come. Will we have none, a few, or too many? I want this to go well. And so I worry about it. And then I realize that I'm trying to accomplish everything with my own strength, planning, and abilities. I need to do less worrying and do more trusing in God. If there are people who can benefit from what we are doing, God will see to it that they are present. And however things go, I need to trust that as long as what we are doing is in order to bring the message of Jesus closer to the hearers, then God will see to it that all that needs to happen will happen.

It appears that today, both Shelley and Amy have gotten a little tired of trying to keep up with Danny's activity level. This afternoon both our girls have been reading books, and Danny's been kind of left alone. He built a small snow-person outside, but apparently wasn't balancing too well and has since toppled over. He's gotten a little bored with having no one to really bounce his energy onto, so it appears he took a short nap, after taking a loooong bath.

No comments: