Sunday, December 10, 2006

Cost of ink

We discovered today how much more inkjet inks cost here. Last night I discovered that one of our printers was basically running on empty. I had an extra color cartridge already, but discovered to my dismay that I didn't have the black. So this morning, Elise went out and purchased one -- for $45. It's one that can be had most anywhere else for under $30.

So I promptly went to Amazon.com and ordered an extra pair of color and black cartridges. And 2-week super saver shipping is still free, even to Alaska, at least for some items.

I also have a sneaky suspicion that the stores here don't carry the fine-art, archival inks for my Epson printer. Fortunately, I did come up here with enough replacements to last me for a while.

I got a message back from the owner, who now lives in Canby, of one of the houses here. It looks like there is a potential party to take over his loan here, so it looks like, at this point, the possibility of "trading" properties won't come to fruition. I did find out that the property is located about 10 miles out of town, which is much farther than we'd really like, so perhaps it's just as well things aren't working out.

I received another real estate update from our broker. Our property continues to get exposure, but with the holidays and continuing negative news from other parts of the country (East, California), these are holding back buyers from making offers. However, the projection for the Northwest continues to be good for the coming year. So we will continue to hold tight.

In case anyone reading this feels so inclined, I've added a couple of links on the left side column of this page where you can purchase some of my Alaska photos. The Fine-Art link will take you to where you can request prints that are made by me using archival materials. The other link takes you to the dotPhoto site where you can purchase regular photographic prints, posters, and photo gifts.

No comments: