Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Haircut, meeting, ice, bread

We tried out the hair clipper on me this morning. I think it came out fine. Some of the finer touch ups could probably benefit from more practice, but from what I can see, everything is still presentable. While being worked on, I was doing fine until the touch ups -- trimming near the ears, sideburns, and the back edge. It was then that I started feeling just a tad nervous. But in the end, it was all fine.

I went to the monthly Ministerial Association meeting at the Salvation Army church. We talked about things that were happening over the next month, talked about the recent Thanksgiving, what we might do next Thanksgiving, the problems caused by recent weather, etc. The pastor from the Bethesda Fellowship (a member of Faith Christian Fellowship) was present, and for me this was the first time meeting him.

Walking around town is very dicey once off the main downtown areas due to the solid layer of ice and the thin layer of water on top. I had taken my YakTrax with me, but hadn't needed it until after the meeting and walking towards the Post Office that is a half-mile or so outside of town. There is a bike/walking path that is absolutely icy. When I found myself not making any progress (it's a slight uphill incline -- imagine an ice skating rink whose surface has been tilted a degree or so and try walking up it), it was time to put on the YakTrax for the remaining 100 yards or so to the Post Office. YakTrax is great on ice, but it does hinder walking on bare pavement, which is why I hadn't used it until I didn't have a choice.

This evening, Amy (with the assistance of Elise) is making some bread. Shelley did this last week, and this week, it is Amy's turn. Meanwhile, Shelley is working on crafting some invitations to some sort of get-together for some of the homeschooling girls around town.

No comments: