Sunday, September 24, 2006

Dampness

The clouds and rain I don't mind that much. It's the general dampness indoors that is getting to me. The relative humidity indoors is sitting at or above 60%. So clothing that comes in wet, like coats, take a rather long time to dry. And I doubt the dampness is going to be good long-term for some of my sensitive electronics and optics.

Amy loves to go out in the rain and play in the mud. And when she comes in, her clothes are usually pretty saturated. This does NOT help with the humidity problem.

So there's a solution: a dehumidifier, right? The only problem is that I don't think anyone on this island sells one, and I'm beginning to think that no one has heard of one, either. So it looks like we're going to have to ship one in once we get a PO Box.

If anyone has suggestions, I'd be happy to listen to them.

I walked the 0.8 miles or so into town today. At my pace it takes around 10 to 15 minutes. The church is another 8 to 10 beyond. With some good water-tight outerwear it really isn't that bad walking in the rain.

I put my bike back together today. Tomorrow is supposed to dry up a bit, so I'm hoping to be able to get out on my bike.

We are continuing to sort through the stuff we brought with us and settle in. The next big event will be the arrival of the container. The things may get ugly.

I also need to get at least a dial-up internet service because going through the BlackBerry service is getting a little tedious.

Sent wirelessly via BlackBerry from T-Mobile.

No comments: