Sunday, August 15, 2010

Seems quite a few pinks in the sea

I went out around noon to see what I might or might not catch at low tide. I hooked another fish, probably a pink (did not see it) and I played with the line for a couple of minutes until suddenly the line broke. It wasn't going that hard and the place where it broke was unusual. I had just replaced the leader line on the lure with a brand new line, so there shouldn't have been any problems with it. Usually one of the knots would fail, but the break was in the middle of the leader. The only thing I can figure is that as the fish dove around, the line rubbed on rocks or barnacles and that caused the line to break.

This evening I went out to catch the high tide and not too long after I got out there, I hooked a pink and after several minutes of fighting I was able to land it and bring it home. It was 21 inches long.

No comments: