Sunday, January 06, 2008

Snowing again

The snow started sometime during the wee morning hours yesterday and continued all day and much of the night.

Returning home last night, coming out of a driveway and to the road, I applied the brakes and I slid, and slid... Loose powder doesn't have any traction. And what would you know, there just happens to be two -- that's two -- cars approaching. It's nighttime and even during the day there aren't that many cars on this road. So it's just my luck to encounter two of them as I slide into their paths of travel... I'm sure they had as much fright as I did. Fortunately, they were able to drive over towards the middle and avoid a crash.

I am heading out to Anchorage today and returning on Thursday. That is, if the skies remain clear enough. This morning it looks pretty good. Though covered with snow, it isn't actively snowing and there are no low clouds or fog to obscure the runway.

Backyard  Fuel tanks

Front view (from porch)  Front view (from upstairs)

No comments: