Saturday, January 19, 2008

Snow, ice, and a church update

So what's been up with us the last few days? Honestly, not a whole lot. It's back to the routine: work, school, church, and a bit of play thrown in.

We had snow earlier in the week. I shoveled our driveway twice, got a bit sore in the upper body. Then it stopped snowing, turned into rain, all the snow turned into ice, and now it's a slippery mess. For a few moments this morning, I didn't think I'd make it up the little slope to the church entrance. My shoes had zero traction and I kept slipping and slipping. I grabbed hold of our vehicle and slid up to where there was a bit more traction. I sprinkled what we had left of some ice melt, and I think that helped a bit. But the day turned out to be dry and clear, and it's that way tonight. That means everything will freeze again.

With the ice and some people away, our church attendance was on the low side this morning. However, someone new was present. He just moved here from Idaho and is now working for the community newspaper, the Petersburg Pilot. Once he get settled a bit more, the rest of his family, with a number of y0unger children, will be joining him. We are excited and looking forward to having him and soon, the rest of the family, with us. (I'm sure he's even more eagerly awaiting the time when his family can join him here.)

No comments: