Friday, January 25, 2008

Random January Bits

Just a few bits and pieces:

I found a new blog Adventist Perspective that I find interesting and worth a look. The dominant theme is that the author, a professor, reviews each issue of a number of Adventist journals, official and otherwise, offering comments both positive and critical, of their contents. For future reference, I've added a link to this blog under the Other Blogs section way down the left column of this page.

For the past week, things were pretty much just cold and icy. Our heaters are once again working extra hard to keep the house warm. Starting overnight, we have been getting steady snow, powdery and dry. According the the forecast, we probably won't be seeing temperature go above the freezing point for a week or so. That means the snow will stick around a while. We might see close to a foot of new snow by the end of the week. It also means I'll have to go out there and shovel. Our church member with the snowplow is out this week, so I'm not sure what we will do with the church parking lot if we do indeed get that much snow. I wonder if I'll have to go purchase one of the big hand-pushed snow pushers and do the lot all by hand... It doesn't sound too pleasant.

The good thing with new snow and remaining cold is that it is much easier to bicycle around in. I went out this morning and I had no problems. Riding back home, I followed along the path in the snow that Amy left on her way over to the hospital. She doesn't take a straight path. Her path kind of meanders about the shoulder, in her shuffling sort of gait.

No comments: