Monday, July 30, 2007

All day rain...

It was fortuitous that we chose to go ahead and move the couch yesterday instead of waiting until today. If we had waited, it wouldn't have happened because it rained fairly heavily all day long.

Instead, I got some grocery shopping done. I also replaced our very worn out skillet with two saute pans, a really big one and a small one. I was hoping to find stainless steel pans without the non-stick coating, but the only ones like it that I found here were $100 and up each. I think the cheaper ones with the non-stick surface will work just fine for now...

There was a power failure this evening -- a fairly common occurrence during bad weather. Shelley returned home from work right in the middle of it. She wasn't too pleased that she wasn't able to reheat her dinner. She chose to wait until the power returned.

Meanwhile, since I couldn't do much else, I organized the canned and dry goods cupboard by flashlight. When I was nearly done, the power returned. After finishing with the canned and dry goods, I went ahead and organized the spice cupboards.

In the apartment, trying to find the right canned item or the needed spice almost always involved some detective work -- pulling out half the spices, or searching through multiple cupboards to find the desired can... I think that nuisance is a thing of the past.

Both girls will be going to summer camp starting this Wednesday. Our highly unreliable weather forecast says that there could be sun during the second half of this week. That would be nice for the campers.

No comments: