Thursday, March 15, 2007

Sold!

We got word this afternoon that all transactions on the sale of our house was completed and title transferred to the new owners.

I just looked in my e-mail archives to see when we listed, and it was August 20, 2006. Today is March 15, 2007. So that means it was just a few days shy of seven months from listing to close.

On that day when we stepped forward on the irreversible course to where we are now, we never imagined that it would take that long... We thought a couple of months, maybe three at the most. But we didn't realize how bad a turn the real estate market would take, and how competitive the Bull Mountain area had become.

How long had God been preparing us for this? I have to go all the way back to the days I lived as a child in Singapore, where I first encountered the wonders of computers. Then I have to thank Bob Baerg at Monterey Bay Academy for allowing me to indulge my love of computers there. As a confused eighteen year old, who for some reason which I cannot recall, who put down as his initial major choice, Chemistry, and also considered majoring in Music, I chose instead to pursue Computer Science, because it held the best chance for making a more than comfortable living.

Even prior to graduation, I was fortunate in getting hired into a growing software company, Eikon, which became a part of Central Point Software, then Symantec. And then I made a move to Network Associates/McAfee. These companies served for me a bit like Egypt's seven years of plenty under Joseph.

Though during many of those earlier years, my walk with God was off and on -- mostly off -- and even when on, it was at a distance -- as I look back I can see how God used even those years as preparations for where I am today.

And for those that are wondering, yes, I feel better today. I haven't had a headache today for the first time in about a week.

It appears that the snafus regarding Elise's nursing license aren't as large as we initially thought. So though things looked to be completely derailed yesterday, today it looks as if things might only have taken a minor detour -- instead of facing a cliff, maybe it's just some rocky and potholed spots.

We continue to have off and on snow here. It's been this way since the latter part of February. We're told this is not typical weather here. But then, it seems that all over the world, chaotic weather seems to be becoming the norm rather than the exception.

No comments: