Friday, March 02, 2007

Good morning to a whiteout

I guess it's not quite what one would call a blizzard, but nevertheless visibility is very limited and snow is still coming down thick and heavy. The temperature has warmed up to 30, so the snow is no longer light powder, but of the thicker, heavier kind. The clouds are low, almost fog-like. If the skies don't clear up a bit more, there won't be any flights landing here today.

The fiddle and guitar group, of which Shelley is a part, is performing at the Elementary School this morning. Once again, my Friday is going to consist of running about to different places, and additionally will include waiting for a plane that might or might not land in the afternoon.

Knowing that I spent 3 hours last night from 10p-1a writing a first draft of tomorrow's sermon. I thought it would be better to have something to speak from than waiting until the last minute and not having anything at all. I'm not entirely satisfied with what I wrote down -- blame it on being tired and wanting to go to sleep. I hope I'll have some time today to work on a revision.

No comments: