Saturday, March 10, 2007

Sermon, March 10: Running Empty, Running Full

(Click on above title link for sermon audio.)

This week I start a series of sermons within a series (I guess...) In our journey through the Gospel of John, we are now at chapter 2, the first part (vss. 1-11) which is the story of Jesus at the wedding in Cana, and where He miraculously turns water into wine. There is so much to this story that it is probably going to take three weeks to do it justice.

Anyway, it deals with the question of emptiness that I think all of us feel and experience from time to time, and also the mystery of why God doesn't always seem to respond immediately and/or in the way we want the response to appear.

I forgot to turn the audio recording on until about a minute into the sermon, as I was reading the passage in John 2:1-11. So that's where the audio starts -- in the middle of the reading.

No comments: